From the first issue, May, 1963:
"Bonsai Society of Greater New York was organized on February 28, 1963 through the efforts of Mr. Yuji Yoshimura and a small group of Bonsai enthusiasts...We hope that through the Bonsai Bulletin we can keep you posted on current exhibitions and classes, give practical information on the monthly care of Bonsai...to exchange ideas and experiences and generally inform the members of the activities of other clubs and Bonsai fanciers throughout the country and world".
The DVD in the case contains PDF files of scanned copies of the Bonsai Bulletin. You will need a copy of Adobe Reader, which can be obtained through a quick web search free of charge.
All contents of all issues are copyright by the Bonsai Society of Greater New York. No part of the publications may be reproduced in any form without the written permission of the Society.
Instructions for opening and viewing the bulletin.
1. Insert the disk into your computer.
2. Click on the Bulletin folder to open the list.
3. Click on the index folder to open the index.
4. This disk is organized by volume folder and issue starting with Volume 1 (vol_1) and ending with volume 30
(vol_30). By clicking on the volume folder it shows the issues in the folder (1-1 thru 1-5).
5. To find a subject open the index folder and then the index file. Type a word or phrase into the find screen of your
computer’s software program. This will bring a highlighted list of your search requests up. Write the list down
(vol_1; issue 1 and the page number pg. 1) and close the index. Open the folder (vol_1) to show the Bulletin issues.
Select the issue, by clicking on it and then scroll down to the article page.